Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Book Review - As We Forgive

My friend Jettie, over at Jettie's Ramblings 
introduced me to this book and sent
my information in to review it.
I posted my review on Amazon, Good Reads
and my blog as instructed. This is my
first book review, so hopefullyI did it right.
If not, I hope you enjoy it anyway!
 
As We Forgive
by
June Foster
 
I don't want to spoil the book for anyone by going into too much detail about what this book is about, but I would encourage you to read it.

It is a book that speaks to your heart. It speaks of forgiveness and grace, teaching you the importance of forgiving others as Christ has forgiven us.

The main characters of this book have a past that's full of various kinds of baggage. This helps us to remember that no one is perfect. We all need forgiveness. And often, when we've been hurt our healing is found in the forgiveness we offer to those who have wronged us.

I like a book that encourages us to live as we know we should. This book does that! It reinforces what we've been taught in the scriptures and demonstrates how others live out their faith and put their trust in God.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book, too! I especially loved the feet washing scene. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment from mongupp. I kinda get a tear when I think of it. I thought it would be a way for Tim to show his love for Roxie - that he loved her in a spiritual, Christian way, as well as a husband.

    Patty, thank you so much for the review. June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, I meant to tell you - your blog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete